I’m jumping in late, but there’s never a bad time to make goals right? I guess I could have waited until the next round, but that would have been just another method of procrastination, something that goes completely against what ROW80 stands for!
I have a few goals that are nagging at me. Things that need to get done or I’ll fall into a rut and have to climb my way out, which seems much more difficult than avoiding the rut in the first place.
Without further adieu, here’s my list of hopefully attainable goals.
Goals for ROW80
- Blog three times a week. Twice here, and once on http://www.njcloutier.com , my father’s mold inspection website that I’m helping him with.
- Read and comment on 5 other blogs daily.
- Outline and finish the edited draft of my Novel in Progress. – or at least an hour of work a day.
- Finish my MFA applications. (Less of a goal and more of a requirement, but important enough to include, I think.)
- Complete Mass Effect 2 by March 6th! (Yes, I included a video game goal. But free time’s important too!)
- Wake up earlier.
And I think I’m going to leave it there for now, even though I have a nagging feeling that I’m missing something important. My WIP goal seems a bit vague, so I’ll have to work on narrowing it down. Basically I have a very rough first draft from NaNoWriMo, so my goal is to take it apart and expand it.
I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with deadlines and goals, but I think if I do this right, setting attainable goals and working just a little bit towards them each day, I’ll be able okay.
And as long as I stick to Goal #2 then I look forward to seeing how everyone else is getting along as well! Happy Journey.